You, gentle reader, may be wondering why the guys at Stomp Tokyo have decided to review only movies beginning with the letter Z during September. Unfortunately, like the origin of the name "Stomp Tokyo," there is no simple answer. But here are some possible answers:
- We were stoned on Chips Ahoy Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies at the time. You don't think those things stay that chewy without psychotropic chemicals, do ya?
- "Month of H" sounded stupid, and "Month of X" had the wrong connotations.
- In Druidic mythology, the month of September was devoted to the god Zedbah, who was represented by the Greek letter Z. And we'd like to find a Druid who can call us liars.
- Zarkorr! the Invader has had an undeniable effect on us.
- We want to find out if every movie that starts with the letter Z is really bad, or just most of them.
- Some web sites have movies "From The Addams Family to Zombie Holocaust." We want to have films "From Zabriskie Point to Zulu Dawn."
- The web is inundated with reviews of Men in Black. We felt somebody should review Zeppelin and Zachariah: The First Electric Western.
See our Month of Z index.